Manager, Music Licensing (UK)
Netflix, London, United Kingdom
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Managing and administering Netflix music clearance needs and music rights management from start to finish, including securing music quotes, tracking territory, media and terms.
- Managing, drafting, negotiating, reviewing, redlining, tracking and administering licenses (master and synch, etc.) and establishing, negotiating and administering music license boilerplate forms with all licensors.
- Researching music ownership and seeking, obtaining and negotiating quotes from labels, publishers and music libraries.
- Advising on music licensing budgets.
- Conducting music onboarding sessions with music supervisors and music clearance executives.
- Reviewing scripts and working with producers, music supervisors (if applicable) and other production personnel to identify music and/or lyrics that may require clearance and monitor the music budget.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships throughout the music industry.
- Participating in other projects specific to Netflix's music needs.
- The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and 5-10 years of direct music clearance and music license review/negotiation experience in the music department at a major production, film/television studio, television network, publisher, label, or law firm.
- Fluency in other languages is highly preferred.
- Experience providing in-house support in a film or television production company is highly preferred.
- Clear, concise communication skills.
- Negotiation and communication style that is adaptable to local markets
- Highly-collaborative, with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change and new ideas
- Exceptional organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.