Manager, Content FP&A
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
P&L and cash management
- Lead the global consolidation of programming expense and cash payments across a broad range of categories including original productions, film, series, unscripted, kids and local language content
- Preparing guidance and financial update materials for content leads and corporate FP&A team to identify potential shortfalls or surpluses
- Maintaining schedule of estimated future contractual commitments for accurate disclosure in financial statements and proper capital planning
- Partnering with finance team to review and modify accounting policies related to amortization and allocation of content rights
Long-range planning and scenario analysis
- Working with senior leadership within the content organization to translate strategic initiatives into multi-year roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements
- Preparing dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs
Resource allocation and optimization
- Developing KPIs, metrics and dashboards to understand current programming mix
- Providing recommendations on how to adjust future spending to track towards investment goals across content categories and geographies
Process improvement and systems integration
- Working with developers and outside vendors to design and enhance systems to ensure timely, accurate and complete information sharing
- Improving processes to scale with the growth in original productions and commissions
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Prior experience in corporate finance, investment banking or public accounting preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on this analysis.
- The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- 8 to 15 years of experience in corporate finance, investment bank and/or public accounting
- Prior experience in Media/Entertainment/Tech is a plus
- Prior experience in Professional Services strongly preferred
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Financial system development experience is not required, but must have proficiency working with automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.)
- Superior proficiency with Excel; complex financial modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance, MBA preferred
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Strategy Manager
HealthTap, Palo Alto & San Francisco
Payroll Specialist (Part-time 30 hours per week)
HR Labor Specialist
Coupang, Seoul (HQ)
Looker, Santa Cruz
Corporate Counsel (Marketing & Advertising)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA