Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
How will you spend your days?
- Learning, and staying current on, the tech stack for Netflix’s data platform
- Strategizing effective training strategies for different roles and tasks
- Writing & maintaining training materials -- including tutorials, how-to guides, and code samples
- Delivering hands-on training to our talented business users from around the globe
- Evangelizing our “paved path” to our internal technical community
- Surfacing impactful opportunities to improve our self-service tooling
- Giving talks at major technical conferences (optional)
Who are you?
- You are passionate about the possibilities of data, and you find joy in providing people with the tools and knowledge to use data successfully.
- You have a gift for making complex topics easy to understand.
- You have exceptional communication skills. Your writing style is concise yet friendly, and you have no problem speaking to a full room of people.
- You enjoy learning new technologies. You’re constantly digging deeper or exploring something new.
- You love freedom and hate being micromanaged. Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You deliver results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection, and you actively solicit feedback.
What do you know? (This is not a rigorous litmus test.)
- You understand all phases of the analytics lifecycle, and you have 5+ years of deep experience with one or more phases (data engineering, data viz, data analysis, etc.).
- You have achieved mastery of at least one major technology or language related to the analytics lifecycle.
- You understand ‘big data’ and distributed processing concepts, and you have hands-on experience with Hadoop technologies such as Spark or Presto.
- You can write complex SQL in your sleep, and you have no problem hacking around in Python.
- You have worked with numerous data technologies (RBDMS, NoSQL, MPP, Hadoop, etc.) and can fluidly navigate complex technology stacks.
- Experience with advanced analytics (PA, ML, or AI) is a plus but not required.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Staff Web Engineer, Discovery
Reddit, San Francisco
Manager, PLM Implementation and Process
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Satellogic, Buenos Aires AR, Córdoba AR, Remote