Senior Analytics Engineer - Original Content Promotion
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What You Will Do:
- Transform raw data from different sources and using different tools (Hive/Presto/Spark, Redshift, Kafka, internal systems) into meaningful insights
- Build rich, high-visibility reports/dashboards/tools used by your direct stakeholders and a diverse set of teams across the company
- Be a strategic partner and influencer with wide cross functional team of business users, research scientists, and engineers.
- Answer complex analytic questions that help Netflix make strategic decisions about the content promotion
Who You Are:
- Have held broad domain ownership for 5+ years and have been designing and building metrics-focused deliverables, ideally in a technical, consumer-facing and/or web-based business.
- A quantitative analyst who can tell a story with data as well as build scalable insights with a variety of technologies (Tableau, Notebooks, D3, Elasticsearch, etc).
- Have a high degree of comfort in leveraging SQL to manipulate petabytes of data for analysis in relational, no-sql, and distributed data stores such as Redshift, Hive, Presto, Spark
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a fast moving, ever changing environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Can problem solve your way out of anything.
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting various behavioral/engagement, social listening, and voice of customer data sets.
- Experience with data in consumer media, social marketing, and PR a plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Production Performance Team Member
Sr. Backend Engineer
Enterprise Technical Support Advisor (REQ #222)
Web Automation Engineer/SDET
Upthere, Redwood City
SEO Specialist (6-month contract)
Lush Cosmetics, Vancouver
HealthTap, Palo Alto & San Francisco