Data Product Manager
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Who are you?
- Sharp communicator who can explain complex data problems in clear and concise language.
- Passionate about data and insights, extremely curious, with great attention to detail.
- Bring a strong product mindset to the conversation between engineering and business.
- Charismatic, determined, curious, and industrious, and not just talented.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, and see yourself as a partner with the business and engineering with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- Have strong beliefs that are weakly held: you can deliberate, and hear, all sides of a discussion and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it.
- Love freedom and hate being micromanaged. Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
What will you do?
- Help define data models across multiple functional areas.
- Build adoption and provide education on how to best leverage data in their subject areas.
- Provide vision, drive the evolution and strategy for data model and data usage.
- Gather business requirements from downstream users: other engineering teams, business partners.
- Understanding data consumer needs and their pain points.
- Cross functional project management and collaboration on large projects impacting multiple teams.
- Deep understanding of upstream/downstream systems and processes and how they should shape data model design and impact adjacent systems.
- Champion a culture of partnerships and engagement with consumers and producers.
What do you know? (not a rigid litmus test)
- Proficient writing complex SQL to perform data analysis and drive insights from data.
- Data Warehouse background and strong data analysis expertise.
- Ability to convert unstructured datasets into broadly usable data models.
- Experience working with big data tech stack, data pipelines, ETL.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Cloud Data Engineer
Cloudreach, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, NewYorkCity, Norfolk, Philadelphia, Reston, Seattle
Lead Front End Engineer
Mason Finance, San Francisco, CA
Senior Front-end Software Engineer
Smarkets, Los Angeles
Senior Software Engineer, Application Backend
Optimizely, San Francisco CA, US
Enterprise Technical Support Engineer, Remote
Software Developer, FlashScale @ Shopify Plus
Shopify, Toronto, Canada