Manager, Animated Film Publicity
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- The Manager of Original Animated Film Publicity will work across several different disciplines that are bringing original animated features to fruition here at Netflix. We are looking for a a team member who is able to formulate and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities, and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate is not just a film publicist, but a Netflix publicist, representing and understanding our brand. They must have a solid business acumen and a strong work ethic. This leader will:
- Understand the film market, family audience, and animation industry.
- Be intellectually curious about entertainment, animation and technology, and relate that knowledge to their campaigns.
- Think strategically, take the bull by the horns and run with campaigns or new ideas that haven’t yet been achieved or previously attempted (and have fun with it).
- Be a bold risk taker, not afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial.
- Thrive in an environment of freedom, able to take initiative, and use sound judgement to independently make wise decisions
- They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels -- ALL -- and they succeed in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers. The role will report to the director of Kids & Family film publicity.
- The ideal candidate is a strong leader familiar with the Netflix culture deck and is eager to work among like-minded colleagues and embrace the company's philosophies:
- A Kids & Family entertainment expert with 10 -15+ years of experience designing campaigns for multiple earned channels (traditional press, digital/social press, influencers, etc.)
- Experience working in animation a must, animated features a plus.
- Strong media relations expertise across U.S. consumer and trade press as well as worldwide animation press with contacts in the Kids, Family & Parenting entertainment sections.
- Experience in talent and partner relations and ability to convince our creative partners on the best communications approach for Netflix.
- Experience running campaigns across films and/or series to ensure a high degree of collaborating with multiple internal and external publicity teams.
- Experience working closely on Consumer Product campaigns to support titles a plus.
- Experience working with teams around the world, ideally working in deep partnership on campaigns and narratives for multiple markets around the world.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Systems Engineer- DevOps
Rubicon Project, Somerset, NJ
Software Developer, Intern (Big-Data-As-A-Service Team)
Ancestry, San Francisco CA, US
Manager of Sales Development
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Lead Data Scientist
IT Support Engineer
Airbnb, London, United Kingdom
Online Redakteur (m/w/div)
Dept, Digital Marketing DE