Music Contract Administrator
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Tracking, administering and processing music licenses and other music agreements, including composer and music supervisor agreements, from signature/countersignature to distribution, archiving and coordinating, including requesting and submitting invoices for payment.
- Overseeing and confirming legal deliverables with production teams for music deals and collaborating with the legal delivery teams to confirm and provide the same.
- Acting as internal - and external - point-of-contact for payment-related questions and licensing updates.
- Proactively reviewing and analyzing music agreements - and concisely articulating issues using business, legal, creative, production and financial context.
- Managing, maintaining, and updating various dashboards, document management and rights management databases.
- Drafting and issuing license agreements upon request from a licensor.
- Reviewing incoming licenses to make sure they conform to previously negotiated licensing templates and redlining/correcting any errors
- On-boarding internal and external music partners, including supervisors and finance teams, to the Music Team’s music production tools.
- Assist in evaluating next generation technologies for contract administration and production finance tools to determine how and when to best incorporate them into the music workflow.
- Participating in other projects relating to Netflix's music needs.
- BA/BS degree and 5-10 years of contract administration experience in the music department at a major production company, film/television studio or television network.
- Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
- Tech savvy, with proficiency in the Google suite of apps (including Gmail and Google Docs), and a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment.
- Clear, concise communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
- Skill working collaboratively with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change, feedback and new ideas.
- Ability to pivot quickly and be resourceful, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed and tackle matters outside area of expertise.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Optician (Part-Time), Capitol Hill
Warby Parker, Seattle, WA
Mid-Market Business Development Manager
Eventbrite, Melbourne, Australia
Business Development Manager
Housekeeping Associates - Westlake Village
Equinox, Westlake Village CA, US
VP, Strategic Business and Corporate Development
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles