Coordinator, Physical Production, Live Action - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for internal and partner-produced co-productions
- Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high-quality production staff and crew
- Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources
- Update and maintain inward and outward-facing production resources and documents
- Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
- Assist productions and executives in planning and coordinating travel
- Research and outreach to potential locations for look development reference and studios
- Production budget review and analysis
- Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department
- Extensive experience with long-form production management in the local Japanese production ecosystem.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
- Access to an extensive roster of high-quality local vendors and crew/creative talent across the region
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented and cross-functional setting
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidential information
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Google Ecosystem (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail and Drive) and familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes
- Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
- Willingness to travel across the region to help set up productions
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, and fluency in Japanese.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mid-Market Account Executive
Yelp, New York, NY
Lead Analyst, Quality Control – Bioassay Validation
Bluebird Bio, Durham, NC, USA
Confluent, Palo Alto, California
SIRA - Senior Associate / Vice President
Reporting Analyst, Digital Advertising Sales
DraftKings, New York, NY