Senior Software Engineer in Test - Promotions Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
The Netflix Promotions Engineering team is responsible for helping to ensure the personalized recommendations are great for each of the 100+ million subscribers who reach us via the website, smart TV and mobile devices. This involves constantly evolving our infrastructure components that enable the presentation of personalized videos to members. We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer in Test to help build and evolve the testing tools and frameworks for shared libraries and infrastructure components.
As Netflix rapidly grows its customer base and continues to increase its array of products and services, particularly with streaming applications, this position is critical to ensure that a solid foundation exists to assist our customers in finding videos that they are interested in viewing.
You will work with your test and developer peers to improve testing processes and infrastructure in order to effectively and efficiently test the growing number of platform services, libraries, and components. You will need to exhibit strong communication skills and successfully execute on the engineering and release priorities in a dynamic application development environment. To be successful in this role, you must be a quick learner, have stellar software development and communication abilities, and work well in large cross-functional teams. This is a great opportunity to enhance your Cloud Computing skills, and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of Netflix products and services.
When you get up in the morning and think about your work for the day are you excited? Can't wait to get started? Do you feel like the work you do makes a difference and moves the business in a meaningful way? Do your co-workers know who you are, what you do, and that you do it exceptionally well? Do you want to work with smart people who love to solve hard problems? This is the kind of environment that we value at Netflix. High performance is not only noticed but required. Be a part of Netflix's long-term strategy to rapidly innovate on ways to improve content discovery and increase customer retention!
• Develop scalable testing approaches to support A/B testing many features
• Work closely with product managers, designers, and developers to ensure a successful, high quality project
• Develop and implement manual and automated test cases, plans, and specifications for back-end server team
• Collaborate with your test and developer peers to improve testing processes and infrastructure
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• At least five years of relevant systems software engineering development and testing experience
• Proven track record of designing and developing test strategies and automated tests to exercise and validate large, multi-threaded, scalable, service-oriented web services
• Strong and proven Python and/or Java and object-oriented development skills. Extensive experience in Python/Java server development/testing/operations
• Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
• Solid understanding of the software development process and the task involved
• Familiarity with the concepts around instrumenting systems and collaborating with operations teams to create highly available systems
• Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
• BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Hadoop, etc.)
• Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
• Python, Perl, Ruby or other scripting language experience
• Familiarity with REST APIs is a plus