Senior Data Engineer, Studio Data Engineering
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Who are you?
- You are lazy in a productive way (find tedious work boring and would rather automate it)
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, and see yourself as a partner with the business with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- You love freedom and hate being micromanaged. Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You deliver results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection
- You are motivated to explore new technologies and learn, and can do so without taking formal education.
What will you do?
- Dive deep into Netflix Studio in the Cloud and Post-production initiatives and data.
- Build incredibly valuable datasets that will be leveraged across Netflix.
- Creatively explore how to use data to continually add value to Netflix. Translate data questions into flexible methodologies that scale to answer broad problems across the organization.
- Be a bridge between data engineering and the business, enabling insight that can empower better decision-making.
- Be comfortable outside of your comfort zone - explore new tech, make your own tool, or find a new way to address an old problem.
What do you know? (not a rigid litmus test)
- Batch-driven ETL over distributed data (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, and MPP databases)
- Able to write complex SQL in your sleep
- Big Data tech (Presto, Spark, and/or Hive)
- Programming experience manipulating and analyzing data (Python or Scala)
- Experience with sourcing and modeling data from application APIs
- Virtualized/containerized/distributed computing environment experience a plus
- Understanding of MPP/columnar data warehouse solutions (Redshift, Vertica, etc.) a plus
- Education: Surprise us
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Android Application Infrastructure
Slack, San Francisco
Call9, New York, NY
Senior iOS Developer- Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Engineering Lead, Reporting
Movable Ink , Movable Ink - NYC
Software Development Engineer - Test
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka