Manager, Charter Coordination
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Manage a team of charter coordinators that handle charter requests and make bookings with the internal aviation team or third party providers. Ensure that charter bookings with third parties including coordination of flight details, times, catering, special requests, etc.
- Maintain global vetted charter operator listing. Including performing due diligence and vet charter operators for reliability, reputation and compliance with air regulations.
- Responsible for the development of global charter training program including hiring and onboarding for new charter coordinators and training of travel consultants to assist for after hours support.
- Manage global 24/7 scheduling for charter coordinators and travel consultants.
- Manage the team to independently source, negotiate and execute charter contracts.
- Partner closely with the Aviation team in vetting third party charter operators. Including monitoring vendor performance and contract compliance.
- Develop strong working relationships with charter operators as well as identifying new partners and building those relationships.
- Develop expert understanding of available aircraft in the charter market including range, capacity, necessary runway length, etc.
- Ensure that the team is flight following each charter trip to ensure on time performance. Assist and mentor in critical or unusual situations.
- Train and mentor travel consultants to support flight follow and last minute, urgent flight changes.
- Coordinate with travel consultants on completion of trip details, i.e. booking of hotel, ground transportation, meet & greet, etc.
- Partner closely with Finance Operations to on-board new vendors, ensure timely payments.
- Partner closely with FP&A to ensure robust data capture to assist program metrics and analytics.
- Partner with Risk Management to ensure that operators are within Netflix’s requirements.
- Compile and report all necessary flight information including costs, number of passengers, flight distance, time, etc.
- Partner with travel operations team for necessary internal training and education of charter program.
Qualities We’re Looking For:
- The successful candidate with have superior internal and external customer service skills and attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate with have 15+ years of charter and private aviation experience and 5+ years in management of global charter teams.
- Experience negotiating global charter agreements and local/regional agreements.
- Ability to show technical expertise in all related categories as well as regional markets.
- Strong project management and excel skills.
- Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
- Flexible, with the ability to pivot and adjust to the needs of the team’s you support
- Relationship builder - Ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Administrative Assistant, Technology
Glossier, New York, NY
Senior Account Executive
App Annie, New York
Writer, BT Powerhouse (Big Ten basketball) - Contract
Vox Media, Remote
Interbrand, New York, NY
Senior Frontend Engineer
Taboola, Tel Aviv
Lead Stylist - Supervisor, Boston (Prudential Center)
Bonobos, Boston, MA