Manager, Marketing Music (EMEA/UK)
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
List of Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with Netflix’s internal cross-functional stakeholders as well as outside parties including labels, publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance, ownership, and financial procedures and license fees.
- Align with their marketing music counterparts across the globe in order to maintain a cohesive and thoughtful global music strategy.
- Researching music ownership and seeking/obtaining quotes from labels and publishers.
- Managing, negotiating, and preparing/reviewing licenses (master and synch, etc.).
- Negotiating and executing custom music projects with music houses, artists, and producers.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with third-party companies, labels, artists, studios, publishers, producers, various guilds and music/performance associations (e.g. SACEM, STEMRA, GEMA, BMU etc).
- Meeting with current and new music production houses, libraries, songwriters and producers and making recommendations for future opportunities.
- Managing Netflix marketing and PR’s music clearance needs and rights management, including tracking territory, media and terms and maintaining all cue sheets.
- Obtaining media buy schedules in order to pay talent fees, if necessary, for all spots and to provide to publisher’s/labels as required by licenses.
- Providing creative input for use of alternate songs when clearances are not available for the original request.
- Following industry trends for new business/content opportunities.
- Participating in other projects specific to Netflix’s marketing music needs.
- The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and at least 10+ years of direct music clearance experience at a major production, film/television studio, television network, agency, publisher, label, or law firm in the music department.
- This role is based in Europe reporting into Los Angeles. The candidate will be expected to stay closely aligned with the marketing music team in the U.S.
- Excellence in an autonomous work environment with a vision to spot broad issues and create solves, and an attitude humble enough to dive into the day to day work.
- Fluency with technology and experience using data analyzation as a tool to inform strategic choices and solve problems.
- Clear, concise communication skills.
- Ability to distill salient points and frame and present issues succinctly.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to pivot quickly, think practically, and be solution-oriented.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Operations Manager
Fitness Manager - Miami
Equinox, Miami FL, US
Sr. Manager, Revenue Accounting
Wish, San Francisco, California
Team Lead Sales (w/m/x)
Software Engineer, Infrastructure
LimeBike, San Francisco Bay Area
Sr. User Researcher
Apartment List, San Francisco, California