Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Content - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- The successful candidate will have a undergraduate degree and at least 3+ years of legal experience in television or film production.
- LLB preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate between cross-functional teams.
- Tech-savvy individual, including proficiency with Google Suite and cloud-based document and database systems.
- Comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
- Adept at developing and fostering relationships with counterparts within the relevant production communities, though knowledge of the international television landscape is a plus but not required.
- Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to respond positively to change and be respective of new ideas.
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
- Proven track record of improving team organization and efficiency.
- Research experience a plus, but not required.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity.
- Drafting and reviewing below the line production and third party agreements (e.g., physical production department head agreements; certificates of engagement; episodic director agreements; vendor/rental agreements, equipment rental agreements, aviation & drone rental agreements, watercraft agreements; location agreements, stage/facilities leases; post production agreements and visual effects agreements)
- Drafting forms for use in connection with production related issues.
- Assist in preparation of production documents for submission to tax credits applications.
- Work with the producers and production personnel on Netflix’s Original Content productions regarding day-to-day legal issues during prep, principal and post-production.
- Working cross functionally with Netflix’s various internal partners including the Production, Business, Finance, Risk Management teams to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments.
- Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Media Sales Manager - France
Confluent, West Coast
Executive Assistant / Persönliche Assistenz des Senior Managements (m/w/x)
Senior Back-End Developer
Engineering Manager - New York
Lyft, New York
Major Account Executive