German Language Manager - DACH (Globalization)
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
The Role (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Language expertise
- Define and set language standards and expectations for all German localization work at Netflix (inc. style guides, glossary of terms, etc.)
- Continue to develop and drive the best language variant approach to support a diverse German-speaking audience all across DACH.
- Product & Content
- Drive the German language strategy for the localized product experience in DACH, using localization vendors and creative agencies - by building, training and maintaining translation and review teams for the market.
- Gain deep knowledge and awareness of product and content data for the DACH region and define quality expectations through research, A/B testing and Linguistic QA framework.
- Focus on regional product initiatives and customizations, proactively engage with internal and regional stakeholders to create an optimized and consistent local user experience and ecosystem for our DACH members.
- Cross-functional Collaboration
- Provide cultural & linguistic consultancy, localization advocacy, and influence other teams at Netflix in order to deliver the best possible user experience to our German-speaking members (and non-members) in DACH.
- Proactively engage with relevant regional stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, PR, Social, Content) for additional context and insights on high visibility titles and to define the best creative and linguistic approach for top priority content.
- Work closely with our International Dubbing team to influence the language strategy of local language dubbed assets for Netflix branded and unbranded content in the DACH region.
- Work closely with Globalization cross-functional teams to anticipate, identify and fix linguistic, product, subtitling and dubbing issues related to your region.
- Stakeholder Management
- Work closely with our vendors’ Language Leads to monitor quality standards for your region.
- Work closely with external resources (localization vendors, creative agencies and copywriters) on building a scalable creative workflow for the localization and trans creation of title names into German, as well as German subtitles of Netflix Original and licensed content.
Qualifications - The successful candidate
- Will thrive in our Culture;
- A solid experience writing and editing in German for the DACH region in the entertainment space - experience in subtitling a must;
- Native fluency in German and full professional fluency in English ;
- Experience writing in German for a multi-market audience and ability to address and advice on the DACH regional language variant challenges;
- Strong knowledge of the movie/entertainment industry across DACH;
- Strong business acumen and proven stakeholder management skills;
- Self-starter: Ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Experience in creative localization (film and series title names, content synopses, entertainment-related articles, subtitling, dubbing) - knowledge of the product localization workflows and pitfalls a plus;
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to travel often in region as well as between our LA and Bay Area offices.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Development Representative, LatAM
Director, Diversity & Inclusion
MongoDB, New York City
RP CG Modeler
LAIKA, Hillsboro, OR
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA or Victoria, BC, Canada
Manager, Fraud & Risk Analytics
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA