Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As a Tech Ops Specialist for Animation at Netflix, you will be responsible for providing exceptional support to our animated productions in our Los Angeles Animation Hub. We want to empower the production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen streamlined, efficiencies individually and as a whole to facilitate the creation of the world’s best streaming content. We’re looking for TECH OPS ANIMATION SPECIALISTS willing to pioneer the advancement of technology into Netflix Animation Hub. This requires extreme flexibility, unending creativity and a proactive approach to transforming the production culture. You will serve as a liaison between Netflix technical teams and the animated productions to assist in infusing technology and gaining proper adoption of our in-house technology solutions. This role operates within the system deployment side of Studio Technology, part of the Netflix Production team. Tech Ops Animation Specialists will report to the Manager of Studio Technology.
The Tech Ops Specialist will be an ambassador of Netflix animation production technology. They will embody the passion for transformation and workflow advancements utilizing brand new creative technologies. This role will be the main point of contact for technology support for our animated productions with expertise in how they utilize software now and in the future. The Tech Ops Specialist is one part production, one part cloud-based software, and one part hardware infrastructure. They must have a working knowledge of current web-based and creative software trends, both within entertainment and outside of entertainment. They will assess technical infrastructure needs for animated production build-outs (workstations, edit bays, and offices), partnering closely with internal technical teams (Creative Technology, Studio Network Engineering, A/V) and provide hardware via internal resources. Passion for change and creative thinking is a must.
Production Technology POC for Animation Studio:
- Act as the primary technical point of contact and develop personal relationships related to the advancement of technology with our animated productions
- Work within production security guidelines to encourage safe collaboration of Netflix production data
- Create a feedback loop for production tools in order to develop a mastery of production software and workflows
- Partner with content engineering on custom built animation solutions
- Production specific G-Suite training
- Build training material: devise creative, unique, and scalable training solutions and support techniques for our production personnel.
- Artist onboarding on internal pipeline
- Represent and support all of IT tech for animation production users provided by partnering teams
- Single POC for production technology needs: support requests will come in via walk ups, tickets, emails, phone calls and automated alerts
- As technology develops, operationalize support models and generate run-book plans for remote support
- Work hand-in-hand with NERDS (corporate IT) remote support, Creative Technology, Studio Network Engineering, A/V and DevOps engineering support via support escalation models
- Own the automation of the on-premise hardware requests (i.e. animation workstations, qc monitors, wacom cintiqs)
- Build out IT technology needs for new offices/hubs
- Administration for G-Suite and internal technology solutions on top of the Google platform.
- IT equipment procurement (through internal teams) and delivery: Maintaining stock, configuring animation specific hardware, troubleshooting workstations, software licensing, printers and scanners and equipment deliveries.
- Refine all methods of hardware selection and inventory management by partnering with Creative Technology, A/V and Purchasing
- Production Office Build-Outs:
- Partner with productions, Studio Network Engineering, and A/V on assessing and delivering on technical infrastructure needs
- Deploy production office technology (computers, printers, AV, applications, wireless) to our animated productions
- Partner with third party sources and vendors when applicable
- 5-10+ years within entertainment production technology including experience with production office applications (Scenechronize, Final Draft, Office, etc.), with at least 3 of those years being in IT or Desktop Support/System Administration
Entertainment Industry Exposure
- Keen understanding of current production, post, vfx, workflows and how technology is used (and will be used in the future) and a knowledge of production/post production infrastructure requirements
- Experience on animated projects and a keen understanding of animation workflows and applications (Shotgun, Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, Flix, etc)
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO: G-Suite including Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, and Groups and AWS
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 7,8 & 10, and various applications including Office and Adobe software
- Solid working knowledge of Mac and Lenovo hardware including laptops & desktops
- Mobile device support including iPhone, Android, Windows
NICE TO HAVE
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amidst chaos.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.