Narrative Designer, Interactive
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Provide technical and narrative design feedback in conjunction with content executives at key milestones throughout production of interactive titles
- Ensure the narrative architecture and design is sound and optimized for a fantastic and frictionless user experience
- Serve as a liaison between the content teams and external content producers and provide narrative design support and guidance as needed
- Perform technical reviews throughout production to ensure content and assets adhere to Netflix interactive story framework and technical specifications
- Ensure the story is built/implemented in a way that adheres to narrative architecture and logic, and troubleshoot with program manager(s) and UI engineers, as needed
- Onboard external content producers and provide context and support regarding the interactive story framework and internal tooling
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product Management, Design, and Content
- Help evolve our interactive content best practices and guidelines
- 8+ years of professional hands-on narrative and/or game design experience in a digital media or production environment
- Portfolio of narrative design and wireframe samples featuring apps and narrative games for web/mobile/TV
- Expert eye for detail and extremely high-quality creative
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership and strategic ability
- A love of television, film, and interactive experiences
- An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well
- Traditional content production experience (TV, film) is strongly preferred
- Illustration, motion graphics and storyboarding is a plus
Why work at Netflix?
- If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100+ million members across the globe.
- We value high performance, freedom and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
- We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
- In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineer - Data
Lucid, New York
UNTUCKit, Louisville, KY
Senior Research Engineer - Planning and Control
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Vice President, Creative Services
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Backend Engineer (Houston team)
HR Ops & Welfare Specialist
Yotpo, Tel Aviv- Yafo