Visual UI Designer, Interactive
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Introduce external content partners to UI design best practices, UI/UX workflow, and interface templates
- Work with external content producers to concept UI styles and asset types
- Design gorgeous and usable interfaces (buttons, timers, user states) in a variety of styles to match the creative vision of the show
- Review and provide feedback for in progress UI designs and full UI asset suite deliverables from the external content producers
- Prepare, process, and export assets for implementation
- Ensure the assets are implemented in a way that looks great and functions properly, and troubleshoot with program manager(s) and UI engineers as needed.
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product, Design, Product Creative, and Content
- Embrace A/B testing to understand what design solutions best work toward engaging viewers and retaining them
- 8+ years of professional hands-on UI design experience in a gaming or digital environment
- Portfolio of visual UI design samples in a wide range of visual styles featuring apps and games for web/mobile/TV
- Experience defining and evolving design systems, from brand and visuals to motion, prototypes and ultimately working directly with engineering partners through launch
- Expert eye for detail and extremely high-quality creative
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership and strategic ability
- A love of television, film, and interactive games
- An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well
- Illustration, motion graphics and storyboarding is a plus
Why work at Netflix?
- If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100+ million members across the globe.
- We value high performance, freedom and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
- We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
- In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.