Supervisor, Creative Dubbing - London
Netflix, London, United Kingdom
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
In this role you will:
- Drive creative localization strategy for Netflix internationally-produced original content
- Analyze content to identify and solve localization challenges
- Prepare in-depth dubbing guideline documentation for our localization partners
- Build and leverage strong relationships with dub studios, dubbing directors, and talent around the world
- Be the primary point of contact for creative localization of a title, driving strong relationships and collaboration with cross-functional partners in content acquisitions, post-production, product creative, business affairs, legal counsel, content planning & analysis, quality control, and regional marketing teams.
- Potentially working with content creators to balance needs of dubbing audience with nuances of creative vision.
- Provide dubbing studios with casting notes and approve voice talent choices
- Oversee dub recordings as needed—either remotely or in-person—in coordination with the regional dubbing production supervisors to establish and ensure creative expectations.
- Communicate music & effects needs with mixers. Supervise mixing sessions for high profile titles as needed
- Accommodate and/or provide risk assessment for any special upstream localization requests
- Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and creative/operational workflows for dub asset creation and management, constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way
- Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally
- Make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
- Be a leading voice of dubbing production within the industry
- Advocate, understand, communicate, and exemplify the company's values
Do you have what it takes?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years prior experience in managing localization and/or creative workflows within the entertainment industry; background in dubbing creation and a passion for languages and translation quality
- Deep understanding of differences, subtitles, and nuances between subtitle and dub translation
- Working knowledge around territorial differences and best practices for dub audio creation
- Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
- Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools, and workflows
- Attention to detail; organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills
- Creativity and the passion to challenge current industry standards
- Passion for documentaries and unscripted content
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Manager, Agency and Strategic Partnerships
Continuous Delivery Engineer
Product Manager(Core Flow) - China
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Senior Manager, Biostatistics (Contractor)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Optiv, Kansas City KS, US
Community Support Associate