Director, Security Operations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Lead and develop overall Physical Security strategy and planning practice for Netflix locations worldwide.
- Collaborate with Workplace Managers to develop and implement facility security best practices.
- Guide the management of day to day physical security operations for all Netflix Studio facilities, including the management of contracted security providers.
- Research industry trends, introduce and transition new technology into the organization including emergency response systems and access control systems.
- Design, evaluate, implement and/or maintain the physical security systems to ensure accuracy of data and operational reliability.
- Assist with security and safety awareness training programs
- Coordinate, plan and communicate with strategic and operations partners to proactively identify, mitigate and manage production and studio related risks.
- Standardize, coordinate and manage responses to incidents as needed to address potential threats .
- Collaborate with Regional Safety and Security peers to develop operational security guidance documents for all aspects of Netflix Studio business.
- Prepare, coordinate and conduct security training courses and site risk assessments.
- Provide first-line supervision, mentoring, and leadership of team members.
- Strengthen external partnerships with local and state law enforcement, federal agencies, third party vendors and community organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in Business, Security, or related field with at least 10 years of experience with increasing scope, responsibility and complexity at a multinational technology company or entertainment studio.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring physical security operations and security systems teams, with a proven track record of leveraging data to drive significant business impact.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and explain the present or future needs for proposed security initiatives to senior management.
- Understanding of mitigation measures relative to an open campus environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish a vision and execute on it
- Comfortable leading large cross functional initiatives, and collaborating with cross-functional management from Legal, HR, Facilities, Safety and IT
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen
- Experience in conducting risk and vulnerability assessments and operational security design/planning.
- Prior leadership experience overseeing event security operations in an entertainment studio environment with a broad knowledge of security, logistics and legal principles
- Capable of adapting to and leaning in to risk.
- Ability to work independently and on a team at a high level with little direction
- Proven track-record of building solutions that utilize reliable, scalable, service-oriented services
- Experience in managing security logistics for large scale public facing events.
- Solid understanding of information security and network architecture
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP).
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
99, Mexico City
Senior Product Manager
Class Pass, Missoula
Manager, Consumer Insights
Ancestry, San Francisco CA, US
Senior Software Engineer, UiKit
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
Product Manager - Cloud Foundry - SF
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, CA