IP Counsel, EMEA (Amsterdam)
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Substantial experience working as an IP lawyer in the entertainment industry.
- Production clearance experience in film and/or television, including managing production personnel, script researchers and outside vendor, and negotiating and drafting license agreements for a wide variety of production materials.
- Good knowledge of filmed entertainment and the production process, with strong ties to world class law firms and vendors in the entertainment industry.
- Deep understanding of European IP law, including copyright, moral rights, trade marks, fair dealing, rights of publicity/privacy, and freedom of speech.
- Experience with complex copyright transactions.
- Some experience with chain of title review, analysis and copyright transactions.
- Experience managing heavy workflow independently.
- Outstanding communication skills and a bias toward creative thinking.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment interacting with productions, cross-functional departments, and vendors.
- Highly collaborative and responds positively to change and new ideas.Curious and eager to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Fluency in a European language a strong plus, but isn't required.
- Sense of humor!
- Identify IP-related risks in our content and communicate them to the necessary stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business and legal affairs teams to acquire and develop IP, then shepherd it through production and distribution.
- Conduct and analyze trademark clearances, including multi-jurisdiction searches.
- Manage intellectual property claims in a pre-litigation context.
- Implement production clearance strategies for EMEA content.
- Conduct chain of title review and provide concise and pragmatic analysis.
- Conduct due diligence on complex rights acquisitions.
- Negotiate and draft license agreements for a wide variety of production materials.
- Rapidly respond to production clearance issues.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Real Estate
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Pilates Instructors - Southport
Equinox, Fairfield CT, US
Samsara, San Francisco
Inside Enterprise Account Executive
Box, Austin, TX
Manager, Outbound Sales Development
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Senior Analytics Engineer
Visa, Foster City CA, US