Manager, VFX, Original Series - Tokyo
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Specific Responsibilities and skill sets should include but not limited to:
- Working with Production teams, Studio Creative Executives, and Finance during development and pre-production. Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and production/post production planning. Providing recommendations and feedback on VFX scope of work and feasibility.
- Building the visual effects teams. Recruiting Supervisors, Producers, Vendors and negotiating with agents. Overseeing contract negotiations and liaising with Legal to maintain thresholds for expenditures and company policies.
- Manage VFX delivery progress and cost report tracking. Working closely with the VFX Producers to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensure production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Help develop and maintain a weekly reporting system for show VFX Producers to generate a concise weekly snapshot of the budget, schedule and VFX progress.
- Working with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer, reviewing VFX finals ensuring high quality of work is being delivered
- Researching and networking with new businesses and up-and-comers. Tracking talent availability.
- Technical understanding of the visual effects process including 4K pipelines as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows.
- Understanding of tax incentives and rebates. A love for the creative process!
- 5 Years + as a Visual FX Producer either freelance or at a Vendor working in Features or Series of high complexities with multiple delivering Vendors
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current visual FX workflows and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
- Fluent in speaking English & Japanese
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Agile Quality Analyst
Cloud Security Engineer
Segment, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Order Management Specialist
Desktop Metal, Main Office - Burlington
Full Stack Engineer
Survios, Culver City, CA
Customer Experience Engineer
Acquia, Boston, MA
Lead Product Content Strategist
Affirm, San Francisco, CA