Legal Operations Manager, Consumer Litigation
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Strong analytical skills, high integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is thought out and communicated well
- Curiosity about how we operate our business and the markets we serve in order to draft accurate responses to issues raised by customers, customers’ attorneys, and other government authorities
- Solution-driven mindset and the ability to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment to escalate issues when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills paired with a great sense of humor
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills to manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with peers, customers, attorneys and other parts of the business
- Willingness to tackle new subjects outside area of expertise and take on special projects as the need arises
- 5-10+ years of substantial experience in consumer litigation as a paralegal or legal manager at a multinational company or law firm
- Foreign language fluency is strongly preferred - German, Korean, or Spanish is a plus.
- Log, review and timely escalate matters as needed to facilitate proper handling
- Handle all phases of consumer litigation including service, validation of legal documents, research and investigation of the claim, information gathering, to drafting, and filing a response
- Proactively utilize customer service tools and resources necessary to investigate claims
- Research and draft responses to escalated questions and issues raised by customers, customers' attorneys, and other representatives.
- Engage, negotiate rates, and manage outside counsel (includes reviewing documentation and responses provided by outside counsel) as required for legal proceedings
- Maintain and update internal documentation regarding consumer litigation compliance including case-specific documents, as well as summaries of legal research, approach to issues and/or regulators, responses to customers, and metrics.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams across the company to help develop and test relevant tools
- Organize, log, and maintain accurate data regarding the volume and types of consumer claims for reporting purposes and to drive product and customer experience improvements
- Perform various administrative tasks and backup support for general litigation, regulatory, privacy teams as needed
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Services Solutions Consultant
Principal Technical Consultant (Practitioner, Architecture, Technical Leadership)
Technical Account Manager
Rubicon Project, New York, NY or Boston, MA
Sales Manager - Singapore
Insider, Singapore, Singapore
Vox Media, LA, SF, NYC
Associate Product Manager, Data APIs & Platforms
Visa, Foster City CA, US