Senior Data Engineer, Product
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Who are you?
- You have a strong background in distributed data processing and software engineering.
- You build high-quality data products and frameworks which can be leveraged across multiple teams.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java, Scala or other programming languages.
- You appreciate agile software development principles and patterns.
- You understand the value of partnership within teams.
- You have limitless curiosity and are capable of taking on loosely defined problems.
Education & Experience
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of industry experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong Software Engineering experience with exceptional skills in at least one high-level programming language (Python, Java, Scala or equivalent).
- Knowledge & experience with Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka.
- Experience with building stream-processing applications using Flink, Storm or Spark-Streaming.
- Proficiency with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience with databases and SQL.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud etc.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- An aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Passion for solving business problems using data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner with teams of diverse skills & mindsets to influence the overall strategy of the product.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Development Engineer - Test
Hotstar, Mumbai, Maharashtra
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles, Minneapolis or London
Merchant Support Specialist
Paytm Labs, Toronto
Senior Software Engineer (On-Site or US-based Remote)
Massdrop, San Francisco (or US-based Remote)