Senior Data Engineer, Product Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Who are you?
- You have a strong background in distributed data processing & software engineering and can build high-quality, scalable data products.
- You have strong knowledge of data architectures and data modeling and data infrastructure ecosystem.
- You appreciate agile software development principles and patterns.
- You understand the value of partnerships within teams and interact effectively with others.
- You are a creative thinker, a strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail and can tackle loosely defined problems.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner with teams of diverse skills & mindsets to influence the overall strategy of the product.
- You have the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- You have an analytical mindset and have a passion for solving business problems using data.
- The Netflix culture resonates with you.
Education & Experience
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Bioinformatics or a related field OR equivalent practical experience in Data Engineering.
- 4+ years of industry experience working with distributed data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Flink, Kafka etc) for building efficient, large-scale data pipelines.
- Strong Software Engineering experience with proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Java, Scala, Python or equivalent).
- Experience with building stream-processing applications using Apache Flink, Spark-Streaming, Apache Storm, Kafka Streams or others.
- Experience with low-latency NoSQL datastores (such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB), Relational databases (such as MySQL, Postgres) and Search systems (such as ElasticSearch, Solr) is a plus.
- Experience building distributed, high-volume data services is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud is a plus.
You might also want to know:
- The Netflix culture is unique, and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about it.
- We support a healthy work-life balance, but we also seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
150 Active Jobs
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.