Senior Data Engineer, Product Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Who we are looking for
- You have a strong background in distributed data processing & software engineering and can build high-quality, scalable data products.
- 4+ years of industry experience working with distributed data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, etc) for building efficient, large-scale data pipelines.
- You have strong knowledge of data architectures, databases, data modeling and data infrastructure ecosystem.
- Experience with Relational databases (such as MySQL, Postgres) and analytics databases (such as Druid, Apache Pinot).
- Strong Software Engineering experience and proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Java, Scala, Python or equivalent).
- You are a creative & strategic thinker, a strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail and can tackle loosely defined problems.
- You have an analytical mindset and have a passion for solving business problems using data.
- You have the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- You have the ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner and the skills to engage broadly with cross-functional teams of diverse skills & mindsets to influence the overall strategy of the product.
- You understand the value of partnerships within teams and interact effectively with others.
- The Netflix culture resonates with you.
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Bioinformatics or a related field OR equivalent practical experience in Data Engineering.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud.
- Experience with building stream-processing applications using Apache Flink, Spark-Streaming, Apache Storm, Kafka Streams or others.
- Experience with Search systems (such as ElasticSearch, Solr), NoSQL datastores (such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Experience building distributed, high-volume data services.
You might also want to know
- The Netflix culture is unique, and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about it.
- We support a healthy work-life balance, but we also seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world