Graphic Designer, Interiors
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- The candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing & maintaining workplace guidelines for environmental design such as way-finding, signage, stakeholder communications, and updates. We are looking for highly creative, enthusiastic candidates who take proactive initiative.
- Responsible for all design intent communication & management of all design consultants.
- Strategize with design consultants on an on-brand aesthetic appropriate to the site, region, and internal brand message.
- Clearly and concisely communicate with both internal team members and design consultants throughout project duration regarding design concept, design execution and follow through.
- Develop testfits to ensure programmatic needs will be supported throughout lease terms of each site.
- Research and keep abreast of emerging design trends and strategies
- Develop & maintain design guidelines and best practices for the region and potentially for global implementation
- Ability to identify and specify products and vendors that meet brand standards
- Create presentations for highly visible projects for a wide range audience (ie: senior leadership) containing but not limited to way-finding and signage guidelines, digital content solutions, and complex phasing
- Keeps up to date with emerging trends and insights with regards to workplace strategy, design, and best practices
- Conceptualize and execute on interior product design graphics (details that make our space individualized such as artwork, custom tiles, pillows and beyond!)
- Other duties may be assigned
- We find that self-directed individuals who quickly emerged out of an Entry Level Designer role at a studio or design firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you’re en route in becoming an Intermediate Designer or a rising star at a design firm, we’d love to talk to you!
- Prior experience in similar design consultancy services and/or corporate or hospitality interiors required. Knowledge of the entertainment industry preferred.
- Creative flair, originality and strong visual sense
- Willingness to uplevel knowledge through educational training or conference/networking opportunities
- Ability to incorporate metrics (pricing, schedule, etc) into design process
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, open, collaborative environment
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to collaborate, problem solve and multi-task. Ability to adapt to change when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design or other relevant fields
- Proficiency in ACAD, Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign or Illustrator), Sketchup
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.