Manager, Content Accounting
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Manage an accounting team based in Los Angeles that is responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization). You will directly report into the Senior Manager of Content Accounting (International).
- Oversee the accounting of content and content-related contracts for our licensed and owned titles coming out of our APAC region.
- Review and documentation of content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design and core accounting framework and management reporting.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with teams in our APAC and Los Angeles offices, including the content finance and acquisition organizations.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting or a minor in accounting. Some public accounting experience is required and a CPA license is highly preferred.
- Entertainment experience is not required, but you must have a strong accounting background and are comfortable navigating technical accounting guidance.
- You have strong communication skills (both written and oral) and are viewed as a strong cross-functional business partner.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes better (more efficient and meaningful) and you are open to new or challenging ideas as presented by others.
- You have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know how to listen to others, prioritize issues and when to escalate matters.
- You are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions. You are curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.