Product Manager, Studio Technology (User Onboarding)
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
In this role you will:
- Own your product from conception to delivery and be expected to take bold risks rather than settling for incremental improvement.
- Work as part of an autonomous agile team along with experienced designers and engineers to deliver outstanding products to both internal and external customers.
- Author strategy documents (memos) and presentations, and represent your team’s work to senior executives and studio business leaders.
- Collaborate with the extended Product Management team to deliver common features and connected data across our studio technologies.
- Work with business stakeholders and experience design partners to deeply understand and socialize the evolving needs of our studio, partners, and people who work on our Netflix shows.
- The opportunity to have impact. The Netflix product management model is different from most technology companies. Our key product management leaders - including this position - work with multiple sprint teams but do not have direct reports. Consequently, we’re looking for experienced product leaders who are strategic and also like rolling up their sleeves.
- Responsibility. Netflix offers true transparency and autonomy. Our culture is unique and is key to how we innovate.
- Learning. You will be creating customer experiences and business models that have never been done before. You will have the opportunity to work with stunning colleagues who value collaboration and from whom you can learn.
- A work environment where you can grow your career. Many of our top execs started out as individual contributors.
Here is what we are looking for:
- 7-10+ years of experience as a product manager working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools;
- A strong, product leader who is comfortable navigating ambiguity, working in uncharted waters and persists in unlocking complex business areas
- Technical fluency, including an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs between users, studio leaders, designers and engineering partners
- A master of organization and prioritization who has the ability to triage multiple initiatives with a strong ability to focus team efforts on tackling the right problems at the right time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an affinity for socializing product complexity with ease to a variety of audiences
- You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead when there remain some critics.
- Experience with entertainment content production or distribution is preferred.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Security Advisor
Optiv, Dallas TX, US
Game Development Engineer
Niantic inc., Sunnyvale
Customer Success Manager
Bluecore, New York City
Senior Manager/BD Director, Business Development
Indiegogo, San Francisco
Field Marketing Coordinator
Getaround, New Jersey
G Suite / Google Cloud Software Engineer
Deliveroo, London (HQ)