Manager, Creative Dubbing - International Dubbing
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Manage and mentor a team of creative dubbing supervisors to drive creative localization strategy for Netflix Original content, and safeguard the creative intent of our filmmakers within our language dubs.
- Be the primary point of contact for creative localization for all titles within your vertical, driving strong relationships and collaboration with cross-functional partners in content acquisitions, post-production, product creative, business affairs, legal counsel, content planning & analysis, quality control, and regional marketing teams.
- Analyze content to identify and solve localization challenges and accommodate and/or provide risk assessment for any special upstream localization requests.
- Prepare in-depth dubbing guideline documentation for our localization partners
- Provide dubbing studios with casting notes and approve voice talent choices
- Communicate music & effects needs with mixers. Supervise mixing or recording sessions for high profile titles as needed
- Maintain a keen awareness of the current and future slate of titles within their assigned vertical, ensuring proper coverage of title assignments for their respective team and managing their bandwidth.
- Execute, refine and enhance Netflix dubbing strategy within respective vertical.
- Manage and help standardize dubbing workflows between the U.S and regional Netflix offices.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events, be prepared to articulate plans, overviews, strategies, etc. that could be of help to his/her vertical.
- Provide proactive, innovative thinking around scalable solutions for dub asset creation and creative workflows, constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way.
- Build and leverage strong relationships with dub studios, dubbing directors, and creative contributors around the world.
- Advocate, understand, communicate, and exemplify the company's values
- A minimum of 3-5 years in leading teams and managing localization workflows in the entertainment industry; background in subtitling, dubbing, ADR or audio pre-lay creation and a passion for languages and translation quality
- Experience managing remote employees
- Ability to inspire trust and team building skills while creating professional representation on behalf of Netflix.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
- Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow.
- Must be a team player and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills with the ability to concisely present Netflix’s unique values via phone, email, online video conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Preferred Skills: Understanding or experience with audio terminology, LinkedIn expert, MS Office (Excel, PPT, Word), Google Suite. ProTools/Nuendo experience is a plus.
- No restrictions for business travel.
- Be able to successfully work on a remote basis.
- Passion for foreign-language film and series
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English written and spoken required. Being bilingual or multilingual a plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Sales/Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant - South Korea
Lead UX Writer
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Staff Software Engineer
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
[Freelance] Experiences Ambassador - Vancouver
Airbnb, Remote, Vancouver
Global Knowledge Management Programs Manager
Airbnb, Portland, OR
Manufacturing Engineer, Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
Zoox, San Carlos, CA