Specialist, Trade Compliance
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Support the day-to-day global export activities of Netflix, engaging with internal logistics and compliance teams, customs brokers, Carnet, and 4PL vendors.
- Manage HTS and ECCN classification reviews and determinations
- Support the trade compliance team on determining the country of origin, valuation, and other critical import trade compliance functions.
- Oversee the maintenance of import/export documentation (commercial invoices, entry paperwork, licenses, permits, CCATS and HTS rulings, etc.)
- Maintain Netflix’s internal library of trade compliance guidance, training, and trade operations workflows.
- Manage compliance reviews, internal self-assessments, vendor QBRs, and post-entry audits in partnership with the Netflix trade compliance team and international customs brokers. Assess opportunities to reduce the risk of error and optimize best practices.
- Maintain and optimize the global trade management system, which includes running denied party screening and classifications.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant working experience as an exporter, in consultancy, with a Customs broker/freight forwarder, or in a similar industry position dealing with trade and customs matters
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Good understanding of the EU-Dual-Use regulations and US-EAR regulations
- Experience using and/or implementing Global Trade Management (GTM) systems as part of a classification, licensing, export management, denied party screening, or self-assessment program, including experience with system testing and training, is preferred
- Strong technical skills with the ability to conduct in-depth reviews and analyses of import/export data using tools like Microsoft Excel and Airtable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; with the ability to exercise good judgment and tailor a message in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved
- Ability to maintain a positive, constructive attitude in ambiguous situations and to manage complexity and high pressure in a productive manner
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Field Account Executive
Okta, Philadelphia, PA
Autonomous Driving Research Engineer - Mapping (All Levels)
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Data Analyst, Rights Management
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Software Engineer (45 openings)
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Technical Lead, Ruby on Rails
Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX