Director of Product Innovation - Originals Launch Strategy - Series
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a track-record of “figuring it out.”
- Be both quantitative and qualitative. You should be able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, but also have high EQ, so that you can be a product ambassador to the rest of the organization, and our Hollywood and global partners.
- Superb communication skills - You must be able to cultivate strong working relationships, communicate effectively, write meticulously, and give outstanding presentations.
- Interest in data-informed decision-making, and ability to problem-solve with and without perfect metrics.
- Experience in large-scale digital production or publishing, i.e. tech, media, or agency environment.
- Arrive earnest, mature, and ego-free. We welcome open, candid feedback, and expect every teammate to invest in bettering themselves and the group.
- At least 7-10 years of experience as a senior level product manager or senior level digital producer leading significant cross-organizational projects.
- A college degree or equivalent background required, MBA a plus.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have an eye for compelling design, and be able to advocate on behalf of what’s best for the member experience.
- Love interacting with content creatives and backend engineers alike.
- Have had experience in a high tech / software engineering setting, and can quickly get up to speed on the distinctive nature of our system architecture, algorithms, and overall approach to intelligent automation and personalization.
- Entertainment experience working with media, television, or film creators. In this role, you will be interfacing with high profile Hollywood and global creative talent.
- Have experience leading A/B testing and analysis.
A Few Things Worth Knowing:
- In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot from each individual.
- This role is both strategic and operational, and does not have any direct reports.
- Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix Culture.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.