Technical Research Manager - Studio Production
Netflix, Salt Lake City, Utah
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of people management experience, preferably in an international environment working with people from multiple backgrounds and cultures.
- You have at least 2 year of experience in a technical research or support engineer role helping to determine the root cause of technical issues. Previous experience and knowledge of studio productions a plus.
- You have a strong background in software support, technical applications usage, or consider yourself a technology-driven thought leader.
- You are always on the lookout for opportunities to improve tasks, user experiences, and deliver cohesive ideas around innovative support strategies and application design considerations.
- You like to spark joy for internal partners with highly effective solutions to their problems, cutting out complexity, and getting teams back to being productive.
- You have strong communication skills to partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively. You love to document and define new support solutions.
- You are proficient with phone and computer-based support solutions.
- You thrive in an innovative culture where autonomy is necessary, and strong communication is paramount
- You can relate to many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture and love to operate independently and as a team member while collaborating and giving/receiving robust and candid feedback to your team members.
What will you be doing:
- You will be the primary manager for a team of Technical Research - Studio Production Specialists
- You will be a subject matter expert on all responsibilities maintained by your team and constantly seek to be current and improve that knowledge.
- You will work with key stakeholders from various departments ensuring that all needs are met.
- You will compose documents and reports on your teams performance and current issues impacting our studio production teams.
- You will oversee all aspects of the escalation process, systems outage management, support for studio product development, and working hands on with these functions as needed.
- You will coach and develop your team to identify areas of focus and opportunity within their performance and our culture.
- You will drive ownership and coordinate daily activities and projects, including knowledge base content updates, bug triage prioritization, and customer facing outage management.
- You will drive team performance to expose friction and reliability concerns within the products and processes that also drive pain for our production teams.
- You will provide support for new training and process rollouts.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.