Minors, Immigration & Diligence Counsel - Publicity/Marketing
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- As MInD Counsel you will work with internal business partners in PR and Marketing and external vendors to assess and recommend strategic approaches regarding immigration, child labor, and diligence during the planning and execution stages for various marketing and promotional activities.
- We are on an exciting growth journey that involves an expanding slate of international productions. You will be part of a team who works together to understand the relevant legal requirements in various countries, sourcing new vendors, and educating cross-functional partners on the requirements and regulations in these countries.
- This role will be responsible for providing end-to-end global immigration support for all PR and Marketing-related travel for Netflix productions, including liaising with outside counsel, third-party production partners, and talent reps; preparing and reviewing immigration documents; and advising key internal stakeholders throughout the visa journey.
- This role will oversee child labor compliance for all Netflix publicity and marketing activities involving minors, including advising on all applicable local child labor regulations and union/guild rules, including outside of the U.S.; preparation and filing of all necessary child labor permit applications; tracking; and working with outside counsel and vendors, all in close partnership with other internal teams.
- From time to time, this role will also be responsible for overseeing any diligence in relation to select publicity or marketing activities, including review of background checks; managing and sourcing vendors; maintaining databases to help keep all teams aligned; and keeping a constant flow of communication with internal stakeholders.
- We are focused on efficiency and serving the needs of production. Part of that means evolving with the business as it grows, which will require this role to establish innovative processes and workflows and identify areas for improvement.
To be successful:
- You’ve done this before. Meaningful experience with global immigration and child labor compliance for a network/studio.
- You regularly exercise great judgment and can articulate sound reasoning for your decisions.
- You have strong attention to detail and an ability to work well with changing information.
- You possess excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- You are effective and concise in your communications.
- You are a team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment .
- You are resourceful and take the initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving.
- J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is preferred.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.