Network Provisioning Administrator
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
You will be successful in this role if you
- Thrive and enjoy working in a high performance, fast-paced environment.
- Possess a fierce attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple circuit installations concurrently.
- Are an effective collaborator with excellent communication skills; able to articulate complex ideas in a direct, concise way.
- Can develop and seek process improvements and strategies to further automate and streamline provisioning processes.
- Excel at time and project management.
- Are comfortable with not being onsite doing the actual work, but instead, planning and documenting the work to be executed by remote hand partners.
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot issues remotely -- coordinating and communicating with remote hands, vendors, and other teams to quickly isolate and remediate installation issues.
Your responsibilities will include
- Ordering, testing, and acceptance of all cross connects and telecommunication circuits
- Managing the installation and turn-up of connectivity; ensure contractual acceptance is met in accordance with vendor MSA including receipt and review of circuit design records and circuit testing results
- Ensuring circuits are designed to standard (resiliency/redundancy, latency, etc.)
- Working with various data centers, vendors, internal teams, and partners to troubleshoot connectivity and provide clean handoff for activation
- Maintaining, auditing, and reporting on circuit inventory, identify trends and proactively recommend hardware and fiber augments
- Maintaining and auditing circuit capacity, work closely with internal teams to implement augments inline with capacity forecasts
- Providing support for new site builds, moves, and expansions; plan large scale circuit moves with data center providers, vendors and partners
- Communicating with Business Operations, Logistics, and Network Engineering teams to streamline work of the various stakeholders
- Working with data center vendors and telecommunication providers to ensure reliable and functional connectivity per Netflix standards
- Reducing potential risks to upcoming projects timelines, by identifying issues and providing solutions
- Communicating with a globally distributed team: email, chat, IM, SMS, phone
- Managing vendor for on time delivery of services, escalate issues to account teams as appropriate and manage expectations of customers both internal and external on a periodic basis
- Conducting regularly scheduled audits of all connectivity to ensure accurate inventory and invoicing
- Participating in weekly meetings, internal and external, to obtain context, scope, and priorities
- Team player with the ability to build peer, and external relationships.
- Support a global organization; Able to time shift to lead or support projects executed in other time zones.
- Understand the usage of patch panels, fiber optic connectors, optic types and form factors
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to provide detailed instructions for contemporaries to follow and execute
- Extensive knowledge of the telecommunications carrier and data center industry
- Ability to travel when required (Occasional)
- Ability to manage high volume of orders
- Ability to participate in team on-call
- Ability to solve order issues and handle escalations
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.