Studios Operations Accountant
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Qualities We’re Looking For
- Media and Entertainment Studio experience supporting operational lines of business. - The Studio Operations Accountant will help support our growth. A strong understanding of the financial needs and challenges of our Studio operations team will enable a strong business partnership.
- ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus.
- Business systems implementation experience - Understanding data hierarchies and operational/systematic workflows to assist with system builds and rollouts will help support efficiency and automation.
- Attention to detail + love for data - We pride ourselves in producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
- Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems. We are looking for someone to learn the existing process, but then build/challenge it to better scale with the volume of our growth and provide reporting to our business partners.
- Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; having a positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key.
- Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
- Based in Hollywood, and part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's studio overhead accounting and reporting.
- Prepare and review monthly accounting entries, reconciliations, presentations, and other ad hoc analysis.
- Review documentations such as production facility lease agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects such as system design and testing.
- Cross-functional interaction with teams in Los Gatos (GL/financial reporting, IT/finance systems, data science and reporting) and Los Angeles (content planning and analysis, production finance), as this role will have an impact on productions.
- Fundamentals of Accounting- 10+ years supporting accounting/finance function at major studio or entertainment company.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Business Applications Analyst
Marketing Operations & Automation Manager
HealthTap, San Francisco
Senior Revenue Accountant
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Mixpanel, Lehi, UT
Director, Strategic Finance
Accordion Partners, New York
Internal Controls Senior Analyst
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA