Manager, Studio Strategy & Analysis
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Lead the analysis and valuation of new deals in partnership with the physical production team to facilitate decision making and timely execution
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
- Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Manage analyst(s) on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Ideal candidates will have an MBA and a proven track record of superior financial modeling and statistical analysis, including prior experience in consulting finance and/or strategy-related role. Prior experience in Media & Entertainment, especially at a studio, and a passion for the business is a plus.
- The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly "roll up their sleeves" to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- 6+ years of experience in a corporate strategy role at a leading player in the entertainment industry and/or an analytical role at an investment bank or management consulting firm. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 2+ years post-MBA experience
- Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Financial Reporting Manager
Head of Government Affairs - France
Dropbox, Paris, France
Senior Commercial Counsel
Box, Tokyo, Japan
Empleado Administrativo (media jornada)
Ventura TRAVEL, Mérida
Regional Services Manager, South
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
MongoDB, New York City