Senior Financial Analyst - Content FP&A
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
With Netflix service and award-winning Originals content in more than 190 countries, we continue to change entertainment around the world. Operating in a financially complex space, Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company.
The Content Planning & Analysis group is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its team. This role will be the primary point person to support senior management in all budgeting and forecasting related areas. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Content Planning & Analysis group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as to lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
This role will be based out of our Hollywood office and be responsible for analysis used in Netflix financial content planning and strategic decision-making, specifically:
- Supporting near-term and long-term P&L forecasts
- Supporting key portions of the company's free cash flow forecast
- Developing insightful presentations that summarize this data and facilitate decision-making for senior Netflix management
- Performing financial scenario analysis to support senior management's strategic decision making
Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers. This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously.
- 4 to 7 years of experience
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Superior proficiency with Excel & complex financial modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound working knowledge of the related accounting guidance preferred
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, or Mathematics
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit