Tech Ops Specialist, Animation
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you will be doing
- You will provide onsite technical support for the Netflix Animation Studio. You will develop strong working relationships with our end-user population and partners to ensure a high level of support is maintained and continuously improve the support experience.
- You will troubleshoot different operating systems (macOS, ChromeOS, Windows), hardware (Mac and PC workstations), and peripherals (Cintiqs and Monitors).
- You will troubleshoot various technical issues across multiple Animation’s Digital Content Creation Apps (Harmony, Storyboard Pro, Flix, Maya, Zbrush, Substance Suite, Houdini, etc.)
- You will support cloud and SaaS applications, including G Suite for Enterprise, Office 365, and Adobe CC (managing user and group accounts, permissions, and SSO), and Slack.
- You will provide Video Conferencing troubleshooting, including Google Hangouts, Google Meet, Chromebox for Meetings, and Zoom.
- You will work closely with our technical partner teams to deliver technical solutions and infrastructure needs (Infrastructure and Network Engineering, A/V, Tech Deployment, and more)
- You will work closely with our Animation remote support team(NPS) to troubleshoot and document pipeline-related issues and escalate them to Netflix's product and engineering teams.
- You will work closely with non-technical partner teams (Human Resources, Employee Services, and more) to align on how technical and non-technical solutions impact the Netflix Animation user experience.
- Experience providing industry-leading technical support and customer service
- A minimum of 3 years of IT or Desktop Support/System Administration in a production environment in Animation or VFX.
- Familiarity supporting Animation’s Digital Content Creation Apps(Harmony, Storyboard Pro, Flix, Maya, Zbrush, Substance Suite, Houdini, etc.)
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO: G-Suite including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sites, Groups, and AWS.
- Familiarity with fundamental storage and networking/distributed computing environment concepts; local and network-based user and group accounts and permissions.
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 7,8 & 10, (Linux is a plus)
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to think strategically in a technical and business context
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting microservices technology is a plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.