Manager, Localization - Content
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Provide leadership and mentorship for your team. Hire and retain top talent for the organization
- Foster relationships and partner with key stakeholders to support your team in defining and driving the cross functional strategy and delivering excellence for your verticals
- Engage with Netflix content and marketing executives, and at times directly with showrunners and other creatives, to redefine the way content travels from local creators to global audiences through localization
- Set prioritization and escalation strategies for your team which support localization excellence at scale while also empowering the team to pick the right places to lean into high touch solutions that are in the best interest of Netflix and our members
- Drive a cadence of reviews of your vertical strategies and deliverables that increases visibility, discussion, and innovation
- Coordinate with colleagues from cross-functional teams to continually and selflessly optimize your business in the best interest of Netflix and our members around the world
- Represent Netflix and Globalization at company and industry events, and represent your verticals within Globalization & Creative Production to increase a global mindset around the company.
- Partner closely with colleagues executing vendor engagement and scaled project management for your titles to continuously improve our resource forecasting and efficiency, and to deliver localization excellence at scale as one team
- Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead programs and teams, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a track-record of “figuring it out.”
- Experience leading complex cross functional programs to delivery in localization, international product development, or other international business contexts. Experience in content and marketing is a plus.
- Significant people and organizational management experience, with specific experience with distributed global teams. Experience in the entertainment industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in business analysis and strategic planning. Ability to make data and insights accessible to a non-expert audience.
- Proven effectiveness at delivering impactful presentations at the executive level; great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Curiosity for language, culture, regional nuance, and the desire to continually build empathy.
- Fluency in a non-English language is a plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The best bed for better sleep