Creative Producer, Editorial & Publishing (The Swoon) - Korea
Netflix, Seoul, South Korea
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Develop repeatable programming for YouTube, and create new formats with a strong hook, point of view, and personality in line with The Swoon’s unique voice.
- Lead brainstorms, manage a team of creators hands-on (A/V editors, graphic designers, writers, freelance teams and vendors), give relevant creative notes and final approval on assets.
- Run shoots with talent as the point-person leading the production crew and directing talent on set. Cultivate cross-functional relationships (content, publicity, marketing, and more) to ensure you have the best information and the ability to gain traction on your strategies and ideas. A big idea isn’t a big idea if you’re doing it alone.
- Use social analytics to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
- Build and manage production budgets.
- Manage creative briefings & decks.
- Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches to seize on reactive opportunities for our audience.
- Be experimental with content; take risks with what you’re creating; be ambitious and original. Turn one-off hits into successful series.
The ideal candidate is/has....
- A strong producer who knows how to bring a creative vision to life. You have the proven ability to concept and produce high-quality episodic A/V content that speaks to fans. Maybe you’ve worked in content creation at a brand or publishing outlet before, but more importantly, you are spending tons of time-consuming and creating video content.
- Knowledge of international K-content fandom, the platforms that are important to this audience, how to properly leverage them, and what makes content shareable.
- Bilingual English/Korean. You can direct Korean talent on set, but you know how to speak to global audiences through the content you create.
- A creative risk-taker. You are able to see the big picture and be the master curator of an online media channel. You are constantly looking for new ways to delight and inspire audiences.
- Sophisticated understanding of online social platforms and the native formats that work on each. Deep YouTube expertise a huge plus.
- Impeccable editorial judgment and a knack for finding and knowing what’s trending with our audience. You can find the story, angle and point of view to tell different stories and do so through video storytelling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets.
- Skilled in pitching/ presenting with the ability to read the room. Respect and understanding for Netflix culture.
- High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Help the world share their story