Senior Data Scientist - Product Analytics and Experimentation
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Partner closely with product management leadership, designers, and engineers to design and analyze experiments that drive key product decisions.
- Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior to discover future testing opportunities. Past projects included segmenting customers based on network characteristics and visualizing how users navigate the application.
- Research the best metrics to measure user engagement.
- Build data products to rapidly turn novel ideas into web apps and dashboards.
- Scale your solutions to enable partners to self-serve effectively and automating common data science workflows.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely.
- PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive product innovation
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in A/B testing or other experimentation setting
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong Programming skills in Python or R
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hive, Pig, Presto, Spark)
- Experience creating data products and dashboards in Tableau, R Shiny, or D3.
- Deep product sense
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A fan of Netflix is a strong plus
A few more things to know:
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix Culture
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Server Developer (Entry Level)
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv
Solution Delivery Manager
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Intelligence Associate, Enterprise
CB Insights, CB Insights
Senior Data Analyst
Red Ventures, New York, NY
Insight DevOps Engineering Fellows Program - New York
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 3, 2019 - New York