Post Production Supervisor
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What You'll Do:
- Create and maintain healthy working relationships with creators, show runners, execs, editors, and out-of-house vendors in order to produce and deliver the finest quality product within the given time frame and budget of the project
- Manage the post schedule using pCal and /or Google Sheets as well as making sure all scheduling and budgetary concerns (as they relate to post production) are addressed and communicated to all relevant parties
- Scheduling, management, and attendance at all Post Production-related meetings and sessions, including, but not limited to: animatics, locks, spots, reviews, mixes, color corrections, and QCs
- Serve as liaison between edit staff and NFLX by helping to communicate any equipment needs/concerns as well as transfer updated information/changes of tool use or communication patterns as needed
- Manage the Animation Retakes process: notate, budget, and transmit retake notes and materials given by key creative and technical producers and send out to animation studio partners attached to the project
- Attend regular check-in meetings with Show Producers and Netflix Post Production Team, communicating any concerns or issues that may cause the production to miss delivery/exploitation dates or to fall outside of the agreed upon Post Production budget
- Oversee and ensure the generation and delivery of all post production delivery and archive elements to the Studio according to the provided delivery list and assigning vendors into Content Hub/Backlot
- Learn the Netflix specific tools used for cut sharing (PIX), file delivery (Content Hub), final delivery (Source Management) and QC review (Asset QC) and set due dates for notes from Executives and Producers
- Keep up to date on current and emerging technologies for post production, mastering, and distribution
What You'll Need:
- 3-4 years of 2D or CG Animation Post Production experience
- General knowledge of the standard, professional editing systems for Picture and Sound Editorial, Compositing, and Mastering is necessary
- General knowledge of the common media container formats and codecs for Picture and Sound
- Proficiency in the Google Suite of apps, and Photoshop is heavily preferred
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase beauty, and lifestyle products.