Senior Software Engineer, Content Acquisition Finance Engineering
Netflix, Remote, United States
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Have a very strong background in building distributed systems using Java or other object-oriented languages such as C#, C++, Python, or Golang
- Have a deep understanding of good software design patterns, mixed with a healthy passion for refactoring and keeping things simple
- Have a keen commitment to test-driven development
- Experienced building and leveraging mid-tier services
- Write clean reusable interfaces that maximize functionality while minimizing maintenance
- Are clear, concise, and effective in both written and verbal communications
- Are responsible, take accountability, and work well in, and across, teams
- Enjoy working in an environment with lots of context and minimal guidance
- Are ruthlessly pragmatic and know how to ship high-value features quickly
- You have strong convictions and are open to being convinced otherwise
- Resonate with our unique culture
In this role you’ll:
- Evaluate multiple opportunities for time and effort to identify and invest in those with the greatest opportunity for impact on the organization
- Completely own the design, implementation, and dev/ops for your deliverables
- Improve the team and organization you’re part of, rather than accepting the status quo
- Automate yourself out of critical support or mundane tasks to enable our team to scale
- Learn the ins-and-outs of our business and how Netflix manages money
- Learn and grow from working with stunning colleagues while helping them grow from your experiences and perspectives.
Nice to have but not required:
- Working knowledge of deploying cloud based applications
- An understanding of concepts like concurrency and reactive programming
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.