VP of Content Data Science & Engineering
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you will do:
- Inspire and lead your team to deliver data and strategic and novel data science and engineering approaches that help optimize and guide Netflix's content decisions.
- Participate heavily in Netflix’s executive team: help set business strategy, represent content data science and engineering, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
- Grow and expand your expert team with an eye toward diverse and forward-pushing skills that span machine learning methods, data engineering, tooling and data products, and analytics.
- Instill an inclusive team culture that is both passionate and collaborative.
- Lead strong partnerships with Netflix’s content and marketing teams as well as collaborations with finance and engineering teams.
Your background and characteristics:
- You enjoy having a strategic impact at an executive level, including interacting with senior company leadership on tangly issues and applying strong judgment and analysis toward important business decisions.
- You have experience building and leading expert data science, analytics, and engineering teams comprising both leaders and individual contributors, and are adept at figuring out ways to help them flourish.
- Your technical background is broad, spanning multiple areas among: data products and visualization, data and behavioral analytics, advanced metrics, statistics, machine learning, causal methods, and data engineering and architecture. You likely have a graduate degree or studies in a quantitative field such as Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, etc.
- You are skilled at having an impact in complex or ambiguous problem spaces that cannot be empirically proven and require blending data and scientific methods with judgment-based approaches. Examples of such areas are: characterizing a company’s brand or the impact of some event to its brand; quantifying or categorizing human sentiment / emotion; and measuring intent.
- You are skilled at operating in a complex, cross-functional organization or company where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many disciplines.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills, and are articulate with both technical and business partners. You create effective frameworks to aid discussion of complicated topics. You are an active listener, and are conscious of voices that have not yet been heard.
- You are curious about entertainment and peoples’ tastes in different regions around the world, and are excited to help Netflix deepen and broaden our content to increase its relevance globally and locally.
- You are enthusiastic about Netflix’s culture. Our culture is unique and we live by our values as articulated at https://jobs.netflix.com/culture.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one