Manager, Brand Protection
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Create and implement enforcement strategies to support our consumer products business, and to protect our house and title brands.
- Develop and manage data-driven strategies for brand enforcement.
- Partner with local counsel, investigators, government agencies, and law enforcement globally.
- Identify innovative solutions to best achieve our brand protection goals.
- Develop and deepen relationships with IP enforcement vendors globally.
- Monitor global online marketplaces for infringing consumer products.
- Draft and file takedowns regarding trademarks, and DMCA copyright violations.
- Field and file brand protection take-down requests using third party monitoring tools and marketplace complaint systems.
- Work with customs agencies globally on seizures and other anti-counterfeiting activities.
- Draft C&D letters for trademark infringement.
- Support various legal aspects of Netflix’s domain name portfolio, including domain acquisitions and UDRPs.
- Conduct and analyze trademark clearances.
- Communicate search results to business stakeholders.
- Assist with all aspects of international and domestic trademark prosecution and maintenance.
- 10+ years of trademark/IP enforcement experience.
- Deep understanding of IP law, including copyright and fair use principles, as well as U.S. and international trademark prosecution and maintenance requirements.
- Deep knowledge of identifying and enforcing against counterfeit goods.
- Ability to work across different cultures and adapt to local norms. Tech-savviness, including proficiency with cloud-based document and database systems.
- Experience using Saegis, watch service and brand protection tools.
The Successful Candidate Will Also:
- Have clear, concise communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and creative thinking.
- Be able to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment with a positive and energetic attitude.
- Have a bias toward collaboration and responsiveness to change, feedback and new ideas.
- Be curious and eager to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Have unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
- Be able to distill complicated matters and communicate in plain language to a variety of audiences.
- Speak multiple languages (not required but would be a big plus - extra points if those languages are Spanish, French, German or Portuguese).
- Have a great sense of humor!
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The best bed for better sleep