Engineering Manager, Big Data Warehouse and Metadata Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Specifically, you will:
- Drive the vision, evolution, and innovation of the intelligent big data warehouse and metadata platform initiatives.
- Collaborating with all leaders in the data platform team and partners’ organizations to define the right scope in which to deliver the right product at the right time.
- Be a technical advisor working alongside the team to build a cohesive ecosystem of systems/services to advance the team charter.
- Lead and grow an inclusive and high-performing team where everyone can contribute and make a difference to the team’s mission.
- Helping and enabling engineers to grow and flourish in a relatively flat engineering organization.
You find joy and have experience in:
- Collaborating with partners to strategize, crystalize and build long-term roadmaps for ambiguous business needs.
- Leading cross functional and cross team projects and bringing it to successful completion.
- Building and operating large-scale distributed services for use by other teams; ideally with experience in cloud-based platforms.
- Building and leading a team of engineers; ideally with experience leading remote employees. Understanding team needs and learning new approaches to increase representation through additive hiring.
- Exercising strong judgment and making thoughtful decisions with ambiguous situations. Striking the right balance between providing context vs. giving direction. Trading off short-term wins vs. long-term success based on various constraints.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.