Below the Line Production Legal Associate
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Drafting and reviewing below the line production and third party agreements (e.g., physical production department head agreements; casting director agreements; certificates of engagement; episodic director agreements; vendor/rental agreements, equipment rental agreements, aviation & drone rental agreements, watercraft agreements; location agreements, production office space/stage/facilities lease agreements; post production agreements and visual effects agreements).
- Drafting forms for use in connection with production related issues (locations, equipment, vendors, etc.).
- Work with the producers and production personnel on Netflix’s Original Content productions regarding day-to-day legal issues during prep, principal and post-production.
- Working cross functionally with Netflix’s various internal partners including the Production, Business, Finance, Risk Management teams to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments.
- Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
- An undergraduate degree and at least 3+ years of legal experience in television or film production.
- JD preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate between cross-functional teams.
- Tech-savvy individual, including proficiency with Google Suite and cloud-based document and database systems.
- Comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
- Adept at developing and fostering relationships with counterparts within the relevant production communities, though knowledge of the television and film landscape is a plus but not required.
- Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to respond positively to change and be respective of new ideas.
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
- Proven track record of improving team organization and efficiency.
- Research experience a plus, but not required.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
Red Ventures, Lexington, KY 40511
Configuration Business Analyst
Clover Health, Nashville, TN or Remote
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Travel and Corporate Card Specialist
Pivotal Software, Toronto, Ontario
Senior Manager, Corporate Development & Strategic Finance
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA