Senior Research Scientist, Computer Vision and Computer Graphics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As a Research Scientist in the team, here are the types of things you would do:
- Conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and validating algorithmic solutions for variety of problems in the VFX and animation space, pushing forward the state of the art in CG and CV as needed
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, scientists, artists, and product leaders across teams, to help identify and prioritize opportunities and problem requirements
- Define metrics and conduct experiments to evaluate the algorithms in the production systems, in collaboration with our partner teams
- Provide input to the design of our AI platform
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of research experience with a successful track record of delivering quality results and/or academic publications in top CV, CG, or ML venues
- Expertise designing and training novel deep learning (DL) architectures for CV/CG with a broad understanding of DL methods and literature.
- Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods, and applying ML to real-world problems
- Familiarity with modern computer graphics techniques
- Deep mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods and optimization
- Experience with DL frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, or C++
- Great interpersonal skills for collaboration with technical and non-technical partners
- MS (PhD preferred) in Computer Science or related field
Even better if you have experience with one or more of:
- Developing tools/solutions for animation, visual effects, gaming, or AR/VR
- Computer graphics and VFX tools such as Autodesk Maya, Nuke, or Adobe After Effects
- 3D vision and reconstruction, generative/adversarial models, active learning, or reinforcement learning
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.