Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Security Operations Team
As Netflix has grown, so has our approach to security operations. For a considerable time, a strategy of building around human operations work kept us from investing in a Security Operations Center (SOC). As organizational size and complexity, cross-spectrum threats (i.e., physical), and non-automatable security events have increased, so has the demand for an expert information security operations team. This is not your traditional tiered SOC. This is a team that seeks to define what a modern SOC can be, focused on developing automations and other solutions that scale. As one of the founding members of our newly forming Security Operations team, you will have tremendous influence over its vision, development, implementation, and operations.
For this role, we are looking for a curious and innovative Senior Security Operations Engineer with a passion for information security operations and automation development. You will develop and maintain tools, detections, automations, runbooks, processes, analytics, dashboards, and metrics to support rapid detection, triage, analysis, and response to potential security threats. You will be responsible for responding to and investigating security alerts and proactively hunting for malicious activity across the organization.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You possess a breadth of knowledge and experience across the information security domain, such as endpoint security, SIEM, IDS, identity management, vulnerability management, incident response, and threat intelligence.
- You have hands-on experience analyzing and responding to security events, such as conducting log analysis, developing queries and analytics, troubleshooting security issues, and correlating diverse data sets.
- You have experience in developing and implementing security tools and managing infrastructure.
- You have experience in building and maintaining security data pipelines.
- You have experience in system and network administration across multiple platforms and environments, to include AWS.
- You seek out and develop process improvement opportunities through automation.
Netflix allows the security team to approach security differently. We’ve shaped our security principles to align with our culture of “Freedom and Responsibility” and “Context not Control.” Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility and the accountability to do the right thing for Netflix. Read more about the Netflix culture here
The majority of our team are located in Los Angeles and Los Gatos, CA. If you are US-based but not interested in relocating near Los Angeles or Los Gatos, you should have experience operating with remote teams and be willing to frequently travel to California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.