Counsel, Consumer Products
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Support the EMEA licensing and retail consumer products team end-to-end. Advise on all aspects of licensing and merchandising, including strategy, rights, manufacturing, health and safety, risk management, category management, licensee procurement, product development, and marketing. Collaborate with colleagues in the US and in other regions on global deals, or special projects.
- Assisting paralegal/rights administrator on legal issues arising from complex rights inquiries.
- Review and advise on partner marketing campaigns and creative, including review and analysis of guild/union and talent issues. Support creative and product development teams on style guide or asset creation, and issues/questions on product development (e.g., reuse of materials, compliance).
- Support other areas of the business as needed.
What We Need From You:
- Lawyer with strong transactional experience in IP licensing and/or consumer products. Fluency or comfort dealing with European advertising, marketing and privacy issues generally.
- Fluency in English; additional language skills preferred, not required (French, Spanish, German or Italian).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong ability to collaborate closely with business teams that are innovating new sales channels, business models, and partnerships.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment. Practical, risk-tolerant, and solution-oriented to achieve the best outcome for Netflix.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.