Product Reliability Engineer, Customer Service
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Develop cross-functional, collaborative relationships across Customer Service and Engineering teams, as well as other product development teams as needed.
- Research, analyze, and diagnose complicated technical issues through leveraging backend systems and logging.
- Prioritize, communicate, and drive resolution on technical issues; participate in periodic oncall rotations; lead active incident management and post-incident learnings.
- Advocate for the customer and agent experiences by exposing friction and reliability concerns within the product.
- Develop operational readiness plans and effectively communicate changes to Escalations and other internal teams through internal Knowledge Base content and other communication channels.
- Advise on troubleshooting steps, issue triage/research, and escalation framework in partnership with the Escalation team.
- Partner with data science and other analytic teams to develop robust monitoring and alert detection systems that aid in expediting issue identification.
- Work with big data sets to identify, analyze, visualize trends.
- You possess product reliability experience, or similar support engineering background, with hands-on expertise and a passion for driving the right resolution for technical issues.
- Ability to develop, present, and advocate strategic initiatives across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze a variety of data points (qualitative and quantitative) and whittle that information down to the most salient insights for the business.
- Big data experience with extracting (e.g. SQL, Snowflake, Python) and visualizing data (e.g. Tableau)
- Comfortable analyzing various logs and JSON output data formats
- Ability to distill and communicate highly complex issues for a non-technical audience.
- A strong customer focus. Familiarity with the customer service environment is a huge plus.
- Experience in working with global teams across multiple time zones.
- Familiarity with issue ticketing systems (Jira, Zendesk preferred)
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: iOS, Android, browser or streaming technologies.
- Role is based in Netflix’s headquarters in Los Gatos, California. Willingness to travel is a plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The social news and entertainment company.